ENTERPRISE, Ore, MARCH 23, 2020 — The Wallowa County Commissioners declared a state of emergency in the county as a local response to the coronavirus and acted to discourage visitors from outside the county.
The declaration provides the following guidelines:
1) Voluntary closure of all motels, B&Bs, and other overnight lodgings.
2) Discourage all out-of-town guests from visiting friends, family, and business associates.
3) Discourage out of town patronage of business’ including but not limited to grocery shopping, tourism, and general non-essential direct transactions
Your health care providers are the experts and should be consulted pertaining to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Wallowa County Board of Commissioners has passed Resolution 2020-001 Declaring a State of Emergency within Wallowa county as a Local Response to the Coronavirus and stands ready to take further actions if needed.
Additional Resources for COVID-19 (Corona Virus)
- What You Should Know (CDC)
- World Health Organization Information on COVID-19
- Oregon Health Authority COVID-19
- Guides for childcare programs and K-12 administrators
- Create a Household Plan for COVID-19
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Tracker
- CDC’s Travel Health Notices
- State Department’s International Travel Guidance
- State Department and Country Advisories
More Related COVID-19 Articles
- Across County Lines: Automated flagging, signs to help motorists in Eastern Oregon May 22, 2020
- Some wildlife areas reopens to overnight camping May 22, 2020
- Wallowa County Cancels 4th July Festivities due to COVID-19 May 22, 2020
- 2020 Primary Election Results May 19, 2020
- UPDATE: GOVERNOR BROWN’S STATEMENT IN REGARDS TO BAKER COUNTY JUDGE HAS ISSUED A PRELIMINARY INJUNCTION DECLARING OREGON GOVERNOR EXECUTIVE ORDER NULL AND VOID, REGARDING COVID-19. May 18, 2020
- Baker County Judge overturns Governor’s coronavirus executive orders May 18, 2020
- Wallowa County approved to reopen May 15 May 14, 2020
- Oregon GOVERNMENT COVID-19 Guidelines to reopen May 13, 2020
- Eastern Oregon highway construction update Slow down, stay alert and be prepared for work zones May 13, 2020
- Fishtrap: How to Get Published with Mary Ellen Emerick May 12, 2020
- America’s Meatpacking Facilities Practicing Safe Reopening to Ensure a Stable Food Supply May 8, 2020
- Governor Kate Brown Announces Limited Opening Of State Recreational Areas May 7, 2020