Submission and Comment Policies
Wallowa Valley Online aka Northeast Oregon Lifestyle.com reserves the right not to publish submissions and comments that are seemingly threatening, abusive, harassing, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent, defamatory, or libelous material.
By posting or submitting content on or to our site (regardless of the form or medium with respect to such content, whether text, videos, photographs, audio or otherwise), you are giving us, and our affiliates, agents and third party contractors the right to display or publish such content on our site and its affiliated publications (either in the form submitted or in the form of a derivative or adapted work), to store such content, and to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, with respect to any video submissions to us made by you, you understand and agree that (unless you and we agree otherwise in writing) we may, based solely on functionality provided and enabled by our website, compile, re-edit, adapt or modify your video submission, or create derivative works therefrom, either on a stand-alone basis or in combination with other video submissions, and (unless you and we agree otherwise in writing) you shall have no rights with respect thereto and we or our licensees shall be free to display and publish the same (as so compiled, re-edited, adapted, modified or derived) for any period.
You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with each of your submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
(I) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize us to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all such submissions to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions; and (II) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in such submissions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of such submissions in the manner contemplated by us and these Terms and Conditions.
In furtherance of the foregoing, you agree that you will not: (I) submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (II) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage us or any third party; (III) submit material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (IV) post advertisements or solicitations of business. We reserve the right to remove or not publish submissions without prior notice. You understand that when you submit content in any form to Northeast OregonLifestyle we may authorize such content to be distributed or syndicated to or published on other Eagle Cap Media Productions branded environments.
Comment Policy — Each Member must comply with the following rules of conduct while participating:
- You may not represent that you are any other person, whether real or invented, or imply any connection with any person or organization with which you are not in fact associated.
- You must stay on topic.Comments that are judged to be unrelated or extraneous to the post, article or story to which they are intended to refer, comment or appear.
- Statements that are known to be intentionally false or misleading. Material that discriminates on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual preference, age, region, or disability.
- You must demonstrate appropriate respect for other Members. If you disagree with an opinion, feel free to challenge that opinion with a posting of your own. You must not personally attack any other Member. You will not stalk or harass another Member.
- You will not upload, post or submit anything that is obscene or contains profanity or that may be hateful or offensive on racial, ethnic, sexual or any other grounds; is harmful, vulgar or distasteful; or is defamatory, libelous, or invades another person’s privacy or proprietary rights.
- You will comply with all applicable laws in participating and will not use the website for illegal purposes.
- You will not send any bulk unsolicited advertising, promotional information, commercial email or other solicitation (including without limitation junk mail, “spam,” chain letters or pyramid schemes of any sort) to any person through the use of this website.
- You will not upload, post or submit anything that contains any viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, or other computer software or program designed to interrupt another person’s enjoyment of this website.
- You will not upload, post, submit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person.
- You will not upload, post or submit or otherwise make available any content that contains links to Web sites with objectionable content, excessive links to external Web sites, comments in all capital letters, all bold or all italic or objectionable avatars.
Wallowa Valley Online uses Facebook for comments.
Facebook Commenting FAQs
Q: Where can I comment?
A: To comment on a story page or blog post, make sure you are signed into Facebook. The comment area should appear below the content.
Q: Do I need to have a Facebook account to comment?
A: Yes. To add a comment, you’ll need to log in at Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account, you can get one at http://www.facebook.com. According to Facebook, once you’ve signed up with Facebook, you must have a profile photo and a least four friends for your comment to become visible on the site.
Q: Will my friends on Facebook see my comments?
A: When you submit a comment, it will also appear on Facebook if you leave the “Post my comment to my Facebook profile” box checked.
Q: Why does my Facebook profile picture and name appear on the comments page when I haven’t even posted a comment?
A: If you’re signed in at Facebook.com, your information will appear, but it is not visible to anyone else until your comment is published.
Q: Will people be able to view my Facebook profile if I post a comment?
A: What others see when they click on your name or picture on our site is determined by your Facebook privacy settings. Those settings allow you to decide how much information you want to share with your friends or others. To adjust your Facebook privacy settings, visit http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy.
Q: How do I report an inappropriate or abusive comment?
A: Hover over the upper right corner of the comment until an “X” appears. Then click the “X” and choose one of the options to report a comment as spam or abuse. The comment will be removed from your view. Facebook tracks abuse reports and automatically bans users who are consistently abusive.
Q: What is a Top Commenter and how do I become one?
A: Facebook automatically assigns The Top Commenter badge to users whose comments are most often “Liked” by others. To earn the Top Commenter badge, keep doing what you’re doing: being civil and respectful, respecting other viewpoints and following the Conversation Guidelines.
Q: Why can’t I see the comments?
A: Comments on this site are public, which means anyone logged in or out of Facebook should be able to view them. If you cannot see the comments, please check with your IT department. Some government agencies and other employers block Facebook domains and applications from their servers.