Ladd Marsh Bird Festival May 17-19
Catch the height of spring migration and nesting in the Grande Ronde Valley
With an exceptionally diverse bird population, Ladd Marsh Wildlife Area is hosting the 14th annual Ladd Marsh Bird Festival May 17-19, 2019. The festival offers an uncrowded, family friendly birding opportunity for expert and novice birders.
Best bets for GREAT weekend fishing
There’s another great weekend coming up, and with it plenty of reasons to hit the water:
- Anglers are starting to catch summer steelhead on the Siletz, Wilson and Nestucca rivers.
- Spring Chinook are starting to show up in Tillamook Bay, and the Trask, Nestucca and mainstem Umpqua rivers.
- The Chinook season hot on the lower and middle Rogue.
- American shad should begin running in the Coquille and mainstem Umpqua rivers.
- Look for striped bass in the lower Smith River and Coquille River tidewater.
- Kokanee fishing has been good on Detroit and Green Peter Reservoirs.
- Anglers have reported catching some early summer steelhead on the South Fork Santiam.
- Crappie should be biting in Willow Creek, Cold Springs, McKay and Campbell reservoirs.
- Smallmouth bass anglers should hit the miles (and miles) of rocky shoreline along the Columbia River. Remember, the shallow bays warm first!
Find more details about all the weekend opportunities in the zone reports.
Family fishing event in Dufur on May 11
There will free Family Fishing Events this Saturday Baldwin Pond in Dufur from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. ODFW staff and volunteers will show you everything you need to know to go fishing – from baiting the hook to landing your catch. We’ll even loan you the gear you need. No pre-registration is required.
Find details for each event here.
Apply for a premium hunt
A chance to draw an additional tag on top of your controlled hunt or general season tag
Premium hunt tags also offer a long hunting season during the peak of the rut, and no preference point advantage. All applicants have an equal chance of drawing a tag. Even if you’ve already applied for your 2019 controlled hunts, it’s not too late to apply for a premium hunt.